Feeling Overwhelmed? Use Essential Oils to Combat Stress and Anxiety Posted on 07 Sep 16:22
There’s an epidemic sweeping the nation that’s responsible for all sorts of ailments including heart attacks, stroke, obesity, and insomnia. It’s not the latest outbreak of the flu, or something you’re in danger of getting from your coworkers (at least not directly). Your kids won’t bring it home from school and the sick person who coughed in your direction at the grocery store isn’t a carrier. You may be wondering what type of bug could be so dangerous and unpredictable. The answer is STRESS.
THE TRICK TO COMBATING STRESS NATURALLY
The good news is that stress and its cousin, anxiety, can be warded off successfully. One easy, effective way to combat stress and anxiety naturally is through the practice of aromatherapy. The art of using various plant-derived oils to treat illnesses and discomforts has been around for thousands of years. Today, aromatherapy continues to be studied and used for its medicinal and holistic properties.
THE IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY
The effectiveness of essential oils for stress and anxiety reduction greatly depends on the quality of the oils you are using. Essential oils that are labeled as “fragrance” grade are far less effective than those that are “premium” or “pure” grade. Why? Only pure essential oils contain unadulterated ingredients derived directly from plants.
THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR RELIEVING STRESS AND ANXIETY
- Lavender: aids in relaxation and sleep improvement
- Bergamot: soothes and relaxes for stress relief
- Rose: stimulates mental ability and increases overall wellness
- Chamomile: enhances mental clarity and reduces stress emotions
- Jasmine: promotes calm and relaxation
- Ylang Ylang: helps manage anger and other negative emotions
- Frankincense: improves oxygenation of the blood and reduces anxiety
ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY
Each of the essential oils listed above can be used individually to reduce stress and anxiety. You can also combine them to increase their potency. The recipes below offer some examples meant to treat specific negative emotions or enhance your overall well-being. You can also create your own blend based on your personal preferences and emotional needs.
Stress Reduction Recipe
Anxiety Reduction Recipe
HOW TO USE THESE RECIPES
Whatever combination of essential oils you decide to try, it’s easy to incorporate them into your daily routine. Try one or all of the suggestions below.
1. Bath/Shower: Add a few drops to your bath or shower for a pleasant-smelling infusion of stress-fighting scents.
2. Topical Application: Dab a few drops on your wrist and/or neck area to enjoy stress and anxiety-busting relief all day long.
3. Ultrasonic Diffuser: A diffuser is a great way to enjoy your favorite scents and keep your home smelling lovely.
READY TO TRY IT FOR YOURSELF?
If you need quality essential oils, check out the wide variety of premium essential oils and blends available at great prices from Healing Solutions. Or make it easy on yourself and order up a Healing Solutions Starter Set!