Spring into Spring With These 5 Healthy New Habits Posted on 04 Mar 11:00
Spring is finally here! The warm weather is peeking through and we are starting to get excited about the fresh flowers and plenty of sunny days around the corner! It has been a chilly, and cozy winter but we are ready for all of the new beginnings this season has to offer.
During January we talked about developing new wellness resolutions to improve your healthy lifestyle. They included feeling more energy, being happier, losing that extra weight, getting better sleep and cleansing our body systems. If you are like most people, by March your New Year’s resolutions are long forgotten but Spring is a great time to resurrect them!
Spring clean bad behaviors and start with these 5 healthy habits today! You'll make January resolutions a reality in no time:
1. Get Up, and Get With It! When it comes to exercise you may not feel like you have any energy left over after your workday – and you aren’t alone! In fact, the #1 reason people don’t get enough exercise is that they claim they simply don’t have the time. But what if I told you that you don’t have to hit the gym to gain the many health benefits of regular physical activity? It’s true! Health professionals recommend at least 15 minutes of moderate exercise every day – but that doesn’t mean that you can’t work it in with a little creativity! You can get those 15 minutes into your regular day by just choosing the parking spots farthest from the grocery store doors, or opting for the stairs instead of the elevator. Maybe even offer to take the neighbors dog for a long after-dinner walk. These simple changes in your everyday life can add up to thousands of burned calories and may even result in a few new friends. So don’t just stand there! Get up, get moving and get with it!
Essential oils to boost energy include: Energy Bundle, Citrus Bliss blend, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, and lemongrass.
2. Guzzle, Guzzle, Guzzle. Your diet is the MOST important thing when it comes to your health. No matter how many hours you spend exercising, you will never be able to burn off the negative effects of a poor diet. And there is one nutrient that you may not even realize you are lacking: Water. That’s right! Just plain H2O is vital to all body systems and every tiny little cell in your body. Without it you would store loads of toxins inside and ultimately, all systems would stop functioning. Getting the recommended amounts of water daily supports healthy skin, a fast metabolism, productivity, high energy levels and even your good mood! Don’t skimp on this good stuff.
3. Eat Real Food. There is nothing worse than constantly counting calories, or being obsessed with food labels. If you have tried to lose those lingering pounds around your waistline or other problem areas you may need to re-evaluate your relationship with food. There are thousands of junk foods out there today, and some of them may seem like they are health foods. Things like protein bars, cereals and even fruit juices can result in unwanted weight gain because of all the added sugar and artificial ingredients they contain. But if you have a weight loss goal that seems like you’ll never get there you may be focusing on the wrong thing… STOP looking at the number on the scale and START eating real food. As a general rule, anything that comes in a bag or a box is likely to result in weight gain. Anything that comes from nature (foods that do not have a label) is likely to nourish your body and support your goals. So eat up!
Essential oils to support healthy eating include: Weight Loss Bundle, black pepper, caraway, cinnamon, and chili seed.
4. Breathe In, Breathe Out. Weight loss, traffic, hectic schedules, children, spouses, work… and the list goes on and on. Don’t worry about it! Just take a long, deep breath. Go ahead… I’ll wait. That’s it. Inhale. Fill your lungs, and now release that breath. Feel better? Me too. It’s a fact that deep breathing reduces stress levels almost immediately and can even boost your immune system. Take a few minutes every day to simply observe your breath. Your body, mind and spirit will thank you.
Essential oils for deep breathing include: Detox Bundle, Breathe blend, Exhale blend, tea tree, frankincense and fir needle.
5. Sleeping Beauty. It’s estimated that about 40 million people suffer from some sort of chronic sleep disorder. If you are one of them you probably already know how important a good night’s sleep really is. If you’re waking during the night, or just can’t get into bed at a decent hour after a long day it’s time to make some changes! Sleep experts suggest turning off all lights at the same time every night (this includes mobile devices), lowering the thermostat, and purchasing high-quality bedding can help restore your restful sleep pattern.
Essential oils for better sleep include: Sleep Bundle, Good Night blend, vetiver, Roman chamomile, and sandalwood.
ESSENTIAL OILS AS PART OF YOUR HEALTHY, HAPPY LIFESTYLE
Each one of these oils can be used alone or as a blend in your ultrasonic diffuser, applied topically or even inhaled through your necklace diffuser throughout the day. Gain all of the benefits from essential oils just by using them anywhere you go!
MAKING IT STICK
If you really want to make a change in your lifestyle, experts say that it takes at least 30 days to turn a behavior into a habit. And that’s all there is to it! Simply commit to one of these new behaviors every day and in just a few short weeks you won’t even have to think about it any more. More energy, better sleep and even a leaner physique is within your reach, and all you have to do is make the decision to stay on track with your new healthy habit every day. Start with one and work your way though all 5 of these healthy habits. Just don’t forget to keep us updated with your progress on Facebook. We’d love to hear your story!
A NOTE ON QUALITY
Your health and happiness is our top priority. We want nothing more than to help you achieve your goals, no matter what they are. With so many companies out there today making low-quality, low potency oils, you need to know that the essential oils you use for medicinal purposes truly contain the active chemical compounds they claim to. That’s why every Healing Solutions essential oil is tested, certified and verified 100% pure and unadulterated so that you get the therapeutic results you expect.